Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

v-prbhol
Employee
Employee

On premises Gateway connection with SQL is getting Invalid Connection credential Error

Hi,

I have a gateway which connect to on premeise SQL DB, with SQL Username and password.

Connection getting extablished when I give the user name and password and auto refresh is working. But after few days , Gateway connection showing "Invalid Connection Credential Error" and data refresh fails and scheduled refresh stops.

If I go an give the same username and password again and "Apply", "Test connection" works. Then gateway is able to connect and on demand data refesh successeds. But it fails during the next scheduled refreshed with same error.

Can any one help me figure out the issue ?

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @v-prbhol ,

It seems on demand refresh can run successfully but schedule refresh fail... Could you please provide your data source setting info with screenshot? Which type of gateway you are using(Personal mode or standard mode)? Please upgrade to latest version if it is not the latest one. Is there any other data source include in the dataset except SQL Server?

In addition, please review the solution in the following thread and check if they can help you resolve the problem.

Invalid connection credentials Refresh issue

Best Regards 

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors