Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

leed
Advocate II
Advocate II

On-premises Data Gateway

Hi All,

We've got an error after doing update the gateway enterprise to the latest one.

Our gateway is on a VM Azure which contains our SSAS cube.

Before the mmigration everything worked fine (live connection from power bi to the cube, I mean).

After the migration:

-on the VM side, everything seem good (the gateway is ready to use).

-on the power bi manage gateway, all good (connected data sources, connection succesful)

-BUT when we try to use the report, we receive the message " The report could not access its data source. Please contact the <developper> , to have it fixed".

-AND THE WEIRD THING IS: When I try to install the gateway enterprise on my laptop, with exactly the same config (I use the same recovery key), the live connection works well.

--------------------

SO far, I refered to this article : https://powerbi.microsoft.com/de-de/blog/how-authentication-with-analysis-services-live-connections-... published by @GuyinaCube , I did all the check and everything is good.

Does anybody encounter this problem?

Thank you

Dung Anh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
leed
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi All,

Thank you for your information.

We have already fixed this issue.

This is a very sneaky stuff, I think this post will be a good reference for anyone who have the same type of problem.

I resume:

1/ Before install latest version of PBI Gateway Enterprise: power bi worked fine with live connection on SSAS cube, everyone has accessed to their data. In general, everythings work fine since 3 years with the old data gateway.

2/ After installation lates version of PB Gateway Enterprise: power bi manage gateway is good, we can see every fields when we try to create report from SSAS cube (live connection) but we got a message when trying to visualize data : " The report could not access its data source. Please contact the <developper> , to have it fixed".

3/ How to resolved this issue:

Because the gateway old version is in 32 bit when we installed it, so in the REGISTRY it is configured with the 32 bits. And because the new one is 64, so It will not show the problem (everything is fine mean network, trusted domain, gateway connected, ready to use ...) .

So what my collegue did is he modified that 32 to 64 in registry, and then everything works like a charm!

Thnak you again for your faster response!

Dung Anh

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
leed
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi All,

Thank you for your information.

We have already fixed this issue.

This is a very sneaky stuff, I think this post will be a good reference for anyone who have the same type of problem.

I resume:

1/ Before install latest version of PBI Gateway Enterprise: power bi worked fine with live connection on SSAS cube, everyone has accessed to their data. In general, everythings work fine since 3 years with the old data gateway.

2/ After installation lates version of PB Gateway Enterprise: power bi manage gateway is good, we can see every fields when we try to create report from SSAS cube (live connection) but we got a message when trying to visualize data : " The report could not access its data source. Please contact the <developper> , to have it fixed".

3/ How to resolved this issue:

Because the gateway old version is in 32 bit when we installed it, so in the REGISTRY it is configured with the 32 bits. And because the new one is 64, so It will not show the problem (everything is fine mean network, trusted domain, gateway connected, ready to use ...) .

So what my collegue did is he modified that 32 to 64 in registry, and then everything works like a charm!

Thnak you again for your faster response!

Dung Anh

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@leed

Do the users who use the report have access to the SSAS data source? According to the solution posted in this thread, if you have "Live connection" set up people viewing the dashboard must have access to the data source.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors