Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

teslacrypt
Regular Visitor

On-premise gateway is either offline or could not be reached.

Hello, I made many report with some dataset connected to our on-premise SQL server from PowerBI Desktop, all data updates worked correctly, a few days ago several report updates began to fail,  according to the error the gateway is inaccessible, but I check the status and if it appears online.I thought because I had an old version of the gateway, but when I update it, it's still the same. When I update the reports from PowerBI Desktop they do not present any problem.

teslacrypt_2-1669995718622.png

teslacrypt_1-1669995461413.png

Please let me know what the cause is and if there are any improvements.

5 REPLIES 5
Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Where did you install the gateway? On your computer or the Server that contains the SQL server?

When you are working in Power BI desktop, gateway is irrelevant.

Thank you, yes, the gateway is installed on SQL Server.

Good to hear that. I'd try going to the dataset settings, and recheck the gateway mapping, and confirm the status again. If its online, try perform the refresh right away, if it works, it means that the gateway is fine. My next question would be, is the SQL server online all the time? (i.e not turned off during scheduled refresh time)

i recheck the gateway and the status is online, but the same error. And the SQL Server is online all the time 24/7.

This is odd. Is it impacting all the reports or just a particular report?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors