Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

evillarreal
Regular Visitor

On-premise gateway configuration issue

Hello,

So we're trying to configure an on-premise gateway to automate dataset refreshes, but we're having trouble getting it to work.

We have been able to register the gateway with the service, getting in the data sources, and makign the report recognize them alright. But, when we try to select it as the gateway for the scheduled refresh, the next error appears:

Failed to use the selected gateway. Please make sure the gateway is up and running and try again.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID7352c78f-bf79-271f-c5dc-50b86db97a19
Request IDa6023bf7-9e73-165d-b43d-25fe1a1767e2
Correlation ID41f2bf7d-2e9e-a82f-6938-b06d0b364de2
Status code400
TimeWed Jul 19 2017 09:23:09 GMT+0200 (Romance Standard Time)
Version13.0.1877.197

Could it be because we're behind a PAC-configured corporate proxy? Is that any different from how the documentation explains it?

Any suggestions we could try, are much appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @evillarreal,

Before I installed the Enterprise Gateway, I had hostname set for around 10 data source connections to the same database.  On creating the enterprise gateway, I configured that data source with hostname.domain.com, so clearly I had to amend it in the PowerBI desktop to match so that it would give me the enterprise gateway as an option after republishing.  On doing that, it appears I missed the last one (because I thought the last two were both just locally added tables) and so it was just hostname.  

The good news is, after spotting that and fixing it, it is now working.  The clue that led me to it was under Data Source Credentials (before selecting the Enterprise Gateway) it had two server entries (one for hostname and one for hostname.domain.com which caused me to go and double check my data sources (I'd previously assumed it was just left over from before).

Hopefully me admitting my stupidity will help someone else at some point Smiley Wink 

Here is a similar thread about same issue, in which a workaround is mentioned. Could you go to check if it helps in your scenario.

In addition, here is also a similar thread, which mentions that if your dataset contains any unsupported datasource will also cause this issue. Smiley Happy

Regards

Thanks, we've managed to fix it with the original dataset, but now we´re having an issue with yet another dataset.

This time we've checked all the required datasources are supported and configured in the gateway, but it´s still giving us the same error. I´ll check your suggestions and see if we can make it work with these!

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors