Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mittalpatel130 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

On-premise gateway Administrators

Hello,

I am in process to implement On-premise Gateway for Enterprise rollout. We have setup a single server for installing On-premise Gateway successfully.

Now, we want to implement this scenario.

we have different departments and they should be able to add their own Data Sources to gateway. For this, I have added One Admin per Departmenet to Gateway Administrators. Yes, now they are able to add Data Sources on their own. But they can see each others' data sources, which is the security concern raised between departments.

I tried setting different privacy level settings on Data Source, but it didn't help.

Is there anyway we can restrict this? Is there any workaround to this? 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: On-premise gateway Administrators

@mittalpatel130 All admins of the gateway can see and do all admin functions, there is no segmentation as you describe. I would suggest spinning up a seperate gateway for each department. This would require a server/vm for each, but then they would not see each others gateways. In addition, this will also mean that they aren't competing for resources on a single gateway... which I would have concerns with right off the bat by combining them all.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: On-premise gateway Administrators

@mittalpatel130 All admins of the gateway can see and do all admin functions, there is no segmentation as you describe. I would suggest spinning up a seperate gateway for each department. This would require a server/vm for each, but then they would not see each others gateways. In addition, this will also mean that they aren't competing for resources on a single gateway... which I would have concerns with right off the bat by combining them all.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG