Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

southwood
Frequent Visitor

On-premise data gateway shared by multiple power apps?

Our organization is implementing both Power BI and Power Automate applications this quarter and we're looking for guidance on whether separate data gateways should be installed for each or if can be shared? Are there any guidelines or recommendations published?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

hey, 

when deciding about the amount of gateways to deploy you need toe valuate the trafic you going to generate on those gateways, if you needind constante refreshing, betweeng web content, servers, specialicied database servers etc, refresh frecuency of each report etc, it could be too much for a single gateway on a server or computer to handle, 

here you will have to evaluate to have multiple gateway on multiple instances or servers, and dived the sources conection or create a gateway cluster and enable the cluster workload distribution. 

hope this was of help if so give some kudos and mark as solution if it was what you where looking for. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

hey, 

when deciding about the amount of gateways to deploy you need toe valuate the trafic you going to generate on those gateways, if you needind constante refreshing, betweeng web content, servers, specialicied database servers etc, refresh frecuency of each report etc, it could be too much for a single gateway on a server or computer to handle, 

here you will have to evaluate to have multiple gateway on multiple instances or servers, and dived the sources conection or create a gateway cluster and enable the cluster workload distribution. 

hope this was of help if so give some kudos and mark as solution if it was what you where looking for. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors