Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PoornimaS

On-premise Gateway configuration issue

Hi,

I have a trouble in Configuring On-Premise Gateway, it fails with the below error message. Can you please guide me on how to fix this issue.

Error generating an asymmetric key.
This request operation sent to net.pipe://localhost/powerbi/gatewayconfiguration/service did not receive a reply within the configured timeout (00:01:00).  The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.  This may be because the service is still processing the operation or because the service was unable to send a reply message.  Please consider increasing the operation timeout (by casting the channel/proxy to IContextChannel and setting the OperationTimeout property) and ensure that the service is able to connect to the client.

Server stack trace:
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DuplexChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.InternalContracts.IGatewayConfigurationService.GenerateAsymmetricKey()
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayClient.GatewayConfigurationClient.GenerateAsymmetricKey()

Thank you,

Poornima

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for the response.

I changed the Log On user of "Oncall premise data Gatway" with my AD account and its working fine.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tejp8050

Got the same error. Was able to get it to work by running the configurator as sysadmin.

@PoornimaS My initial assumption is that this is due to a firewall or proxy. Have you walked through the troubleshooting guide to make sure you have the appropriate ports open and things configured correctly?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thank you for the response.

I changed the Log On user of "Oncall premise data Gatway" with my AD account and its working fine.

Hi,

I am getting the same error. Can you please tell me where to find this log on user in Data gateway? Do I need to be on a domain to use the Data Gateway?

AD account? Could you explain further? Where do I find that "oncall premis data gateway" option in order to change it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors