Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TomasKincl
Frequent Visitor

On Premiss Gateway ODBC error

Hi,

I have trouble to set up ODBC connection to Firebird on  Gateway. My ODBC is connected when I try test connection , its system DSN. Gateway is in server A and dtb Firebird in server B. I have still error:

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to dsn=******. Details: ""Hide details

Status code:
Error Code:
DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCode
Time:
Mon Nov 27 2017 11:57:31 GMT+0100 (Central Europe Standard Time)
Version:
dsn**** :
Received error payload from gateway service with ID 336095: Mashup expression evaluation error. Reason: ..

I wasnt sure how to repair it so I tested also direct connection via my ODBC DSN from Desktop and I have there unexpected error:

Unexpected error: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

I suppose if there is trouble with direct ODBC connection from Desktop it cause troubles in Gateway, isnt it?

Please do you have some idea how to fix it? I have system DSN and ODBC is connected out of Power BI.

Kind regards,

Tomas Kincl

7 REPLIES 7
rojabi
Frequent Visitor

HI ,

We are currently facing the same issue. When trying to process a table in SSAS tabular cube it is failing with below error.  Rest of the tables are getting processed without any issue. Only difference is, this particular table more rows compared to other.

Failed to save modifications to the server.
Error returned: 'OLE DB or ODBC error: Received error payload from gateway service
with ID 156697: An exception encountered while accessing the target data source.

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @TomasKincl,

Are you able to connect to the DSN with the ODBC connector in Power BI Desktop? Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft,

I can see my DSN in ODBC connector (So I can select it) but there is unfortunatelly also error but other one:

"Unexpected error: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

DSN is connected fine when I test connection via ODBC settings. So it seems to be trouble somethink like Firebird driver + Power BI environment. Really hard to say. Thank you for any recommendation.

Best regards,

TomasKincl

Hi @ all!

I have the same error, when trying to connect to my gateway.

The Issues with the ODBC interface with power bi desktop is fixed now, due to the dec update - thanks for that!

but now i am not able to connect to my odbc when publishing the files to the dataset

Any ideas?

THanks in advance

Philipp

Aktivitäts-ID:2141c70f-126f-4201-b2cc-07ed2bb67ebc
Anforderungs-ID:32adc0e9-bc17-b65c-75cf-2755b3ec5011

Statuscode:400
Fehlercode:DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCode
Zeit:Tue Dec 12 2017 08:48:47 GMT+0100 (Mitteleuropäische Zeit)
Version:13.0.3419.168
PowerBI:Das Format der Verbindungsdetails ist ungültig.

Same error here...

image.png

I'm getting the same error this morning, any suggestions?

Error:

Received error payload from gateway service with ID 1408050: Mashup expression evaluation error. Reason: ..

Same error here... When the data gateway update will be released???

This is really urgent.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors