Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BPrivitera
Frequent Visitor

On Premises Gateway

Dear All,

Having heaps of trouble with our newly installed On premises gateway.

I have installed the gateway on a standalone server inside our domain.

I have used our service account to install and configure the gateway.  This account is an admin on the server and has access to our on prem data sources.

The gateway installed OK however I get the following 

"Local network status: Disconnected"

I then press the "Check now" button, I see something spinning and that's it.  Is there any message tabled anywhere?  Nothing came back.

I have internet access via my browser, so that's OK.

I have access to our on premise data sources via SSMS (DB and SSAS).

Why do I get this message?  Many thanks in advance.

2017-03-16_230536.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
ericdario
Frequent Visitor

Dear BPrivitera

Did you manage to solve this issue?

If yes, how? Was is another firewall on top of yours?

Eric,

Yes, we did end up getting it to work but as to the details, I have no idea.  Apologies.

I ended up leaving it to the network guys and pointing them to the documentation.  We outsource our network administration so it was even harder to get a straight answer or one that I could understand (sorry, I'm not a network guy).

We are behind one or two firewalls,  Thyere were setting that had to be configured at the overall network layer and then also at the server itself.

It should have been as simple as ... yes, this server has internet access to the outside world ... the gateway should work.  But unfortunately it was a bit more complex than that. 

Apologies I couldn't be of more assistance.  Show a network guy the documentation and hopefully they can find a way for it to work.

Regards

Basil

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you opened up the outbound ports in the firewall?  TCP 443 (default), 5671, 5672, 9350 thru 9354

Ross, I'm pretty sure I have.  Does this look right ??

FirewallRules.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm no network expert but it might depend on your companies network as well.  Does your company have a company firewall?  Your picture struck me as opening the firewall on the server, rather than the network firewall.  In our business this firewall is handled by our network team.  I needed to contact them in order for them to open the ports for me.

Ross73312,

Ditto, nor am I.  I have no idea of how to check these things.  Off to another department !!!

Very frustrating!!

@BPrivitera Are there any more specific details in the log files?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors