Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vishy4271
Frequent Visitor

On Premises Gateway Setup

Hi ALL,

Below is the scenario where i would require you guys help --- 

AS IS scenario - 

We have three different clients for which we have created three different tenants and gateway's have been installed on three different machines so that users of above specified three clients dont see the dashboard or reports across each other. i.e. client 1 would see the report in the workspace 1 and client 2 would see the report in the workspace 2 only. 

Note -  the three data bases requried for the above three clients are on different instnaces and their domain is also different, so the reason that three different tenants were created and three different gateways for the same.

To be process - 

Now our organisation is planning to bring the reporting data base from three different instances to a single common instance i.e. Db1 would have (RPT1, RPT2, RPT3) , but still here the common clause would be that the users shouldnt see the data across clients i.e. client would see the report in the workspace 1 and client 2 would see the report in the workspace 2 only. 

Now with this database merger apporach that we are planning to take, is there any better way wherein I can re organise my gateways from 3 to 1. Wherein I would have one gateway connected to a single datasource as we are going to have all the reporting db's on single instance. With the expection that with new approachas well users should not see the data across clients i.e. client would see the report in the workspace 1 and client 2 would see the report in the workspace 2 only. 

Kindly request you to suggest a approach.

10 REPLIES 10

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors