Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

On Premises Gateway Error

Hi, I am getting this error for a few of the reports. I did not find any documentation about this. Can anyone help?

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_GatewayOutOfDiskSpaceError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_GatewayOutOfDiskSpaceError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"There is not enough space on the disk.\r\n"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147024784"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}
6 REPLIES 6
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please take a look at this case for further information

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/not-enough-space-on-the-disk/td-p/1129285

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please upload some insensitive data samples and expected output.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Evelyn9 I will look into the suggestions and let you know if this works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Just to give an update on this issue which I had seems there is a folder in C drive called Spooler which value keeps on fluctuating during the refresh of the report. There is a process which is called Spooling where the data is temporarily stored on the gateway till a dataset is refreshing and once all the data is acquired by the source then it pushes to the cloud. So for that duration the Spooler folder keeps on getting full. So therefore the disk issue was arrising. The solution to this can be either you can increase your disk space where the gateway is installed or move the Spooler folder to SDD drive insted of HDD or seperate out the refrehes of your report so that huge data is not loading at once. Thanks a lot for all your responses.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

where are you pulling data from? also are there any issues on the server that the gatetway is installed on? ie space issues.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data I am pulling from SAP HANA. By space on the server, what should I check? The space on the drives looks okay. Should I be looking someplace else?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors