Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

On Premises Data Gateway Errored Out.

Hi,

For past 2 days I am getting this error on the gateway ,when I go to Manage Gateway I see the gateway is errored out and this is the message :before the data import for undefined finished, its data source timed out. double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again. All the data sources linked to the gateway suddenly errors out. So,once I restarted the gateway and it started working fine again but again the next day I got the same . The on premises gateway version is of August 2020. Can someone please help out?

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Could you update the gateway first and see if it resolves the issue?

The other thing is on your particular data source, see if there is an option to set the timeout to make it longer?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ Hi, All my data sources on that particular gateway time out so I don't think it's related to any data source. I have been getting the error message such as The gateway is offline and could not be reached as well. May be I can try updating the gateway to September release but I saw on support page that there is some issue with direct query when data source is SQL so I was hesitant to upgrade it. My last option would be to upgrade it but just wanted to have some other set of opinions.

Hi there

Yes there is that issue, that might be the cause of what you are experiencing...

Even with the upgrade it might still fail. I would just ensure that you have got the previous version of the Gateway so you can roll it back if need be?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-monthly-updates

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ yes, seems like rolling back to a previous version could be the way out, will monitor for a few days and then will do accordingly. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors