Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Angel
Resolver III
Resolver III

On Premises Data Gateaway - Connecting to a data source with two tables inside...

Hi, everybody

I have been working with Power BI desktop doing a report.

The report use two tables that are in two different ODATA url.  (one for every table). I have done the relationships in Power BI desktop.

After that, I have published the report in Power BI service.

The next step I want to do is refresh the report in Power BI Service.  I have configured on premises data gateaway to do that.

What kind of data source must I use to connect to model data I have already done in Power BI Desktop?. I don't want to lose all the job I have done doing relationships and redoing the report.

Thanks in advance,

4 REPLIES 4
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Angel,

When publish report to Power BI services from Power BI desktop. It will publish the data model to services. So when source data updated, those data will apply to this data model.

The data in the data source comes from an OData feed online, you do not need to install a gateway, but you will need to go into the dataset’s settings and sign in to the OData data source. You can then setup a refresh schedule so Power BI automatically connects to the OData feed and gets updated data.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi, @v-caliao-msft

I'm looking for the options you have mentioned it and I don't know where they are.

Can you send images, please?.

Thanks in advance,

Hi @Angel,

Please refer to the screenshots below.
Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi, @v-caliao-msft

The option you have mentioned is disabled in my case. 

Capture.JPG

I must say dataset was created publishing a local Power BI file desktop (no in onedrive neither sharepoint). This local file is the one that access to odata feed.

To add up:

1.- I have created a powerbi desktop file and the way I access is through ODATA Feed

2.- I published in Power BI

I want to refresh in Power BI.

Any tip?,

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors