Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

markus_aalto
Frequent Visitor

On-Premise data gateway issues - Other workspace doesn't find gateway installed

Hi!

I'm trying to get my dataset updated via the on-premises data gateway. I have it working in my dataset that I have under my personal workspace.

When I try to access the same gateway through my other workspace I get that I don't have a gateway installed. The only difference between them is that I have a couple of web datasources in the other workspace dataset. The datasource in question that should be updated through the gatewat is a SQL Server.

When I go in to the gateway settings it shows that I am good to go.

Thankful for any help here!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@markus_aalto The On Premises Data Gateway does not support mixing on premises and web data sources in the same dataset.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@markus_aalto The On Premises Data Gateway does not support mixing on premises and web data sources in the same dataset.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thank you for the answer!

I guess getting around it would be to have all the data on the SQL server.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors