Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

devleena
Frequent Visitor

On Premise Gateway failing to refresh ( 2 days now ), Production system compromised

Hello All,

I have been using powerbi for a while and both refresh schedule and refresh now functionality has been working well.

I have no change in database and have no change in data structure too.

Yet, the refresh fails on the following . The most difficult part is it says nothing .

I have also check the gateway log, they are massive and not being able to paste here , can do upon request though.

However, even they do not report any error .

The other thing is I have the On Premised Gateway up and running on Amazon EC2 micro intance . I even refreshed the gateway and also rebooted the instance and yet the refresh failed .

Kindly help me solve this, the production system is on jeopardy . Everyday sales decision goes via this , we are facing a lot of issues 

Last refresh failed: Thu Jul 26 2018 13:09:51 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time) 
Cancellation occurred when sending or receiving a request.
Hide details

Cluster URI:WABI-INDIA-WEST-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:a9fb65e0-de5a-4225-bb0d-88a295a76cc1
Request ID:214b5017-6e78-4fba-8eb1-5ca22027131b
Time:2018-07-26 07:39:51Z

Many Thanks ,

Devleena

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I raised a support ticket and got a quick fix.

It seems there was a duplicate row in the table which was causing all the issues .

So, if microsoft can help to expose the correct error and not mask it with a general error, everybody can save time and effort.

Since request to help end users with proper errors to let them debug issues better 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @devleena

Which dataset do you connect to?

Could you refresh successfully in Power BI Desktop?

A similar issue here discussed about this and some solutions.

If it still can't solve your problem, I would suggest you create a support ticket to let Microsoft engineer to look into your environment. 

Best Regards

Maggie

I raised a support ticket and got a quick fix.

It seems there was a duplicate row in the table which was causing all the issues .

So, if microsoft can help to expose the correct error and not mask it with a general error, everybody can save time and effort.

Since request to help end users with proper errors to let them debug issues better 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors