Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DSwezey
Helper III
Helper III

On Premise Data Gateway for multiple Organizational Accounts

Let me preface this with I am new to data gateway configuration.

I have created a dashboard for a client that pulls data from a database on their server. Currently, I am connected to their VPN to get access to that database within BI.

The data gateway is also setup on my computer, which is what I am here to find out how to change. Obviously, if my computer is off and/or I am not connected to their VPN then the client cannot refresh the data on their App.

I want to have my client install the on-premise data gateway on their server so:

1) the gateway will always be on

2) the gateway will be on their own network

In order to get this to work I'd need to have someone from their Office 365 Organization to sign in and install the gateway, if I'm not mistaken. 

My question is: I know you can have multiple users as admin on the gateway, but can you have multiple Admins that are from different 365 Organizations? (i.e. my organization so I can continue to update, refresh, and build upon the dashboard, and also my clients organization so they too can access the dashboard refreshes)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

While the gateway itself technically doesn't care about O365 orgs the gateway admin interface does - it only allows you to select users from the same tenant that the gateway is registered under.  So no - you can't do that.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

While the gateway itself technically doesn't care about O365 orgs the gateway admin interface does - it only allows you to select users from the same tenant that the gateway is registered under.  So no - you can't do that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors