Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Caz1224

On-Premise Data Gateway for Multiple Clients

Hi All,

I am having the following issue deploying a Power BI gateway off a shared data warehouse server.

Currently we have a single data warehouse server that hosts the warehouses of 10 clients. I can install the On-Premise data gateway but then can only create a single client connection using this (Not 10)

So my second idea was, create a single Power BI connection to my Power BI instance and then share the Gateway to external users from there. I managed to get the users into my Azure AD and the share permissions on, but this gateway does not appear avaliable on a clients Power BI instance.

My second theory was to create a data source (As with this model I would have 1 data source per client connecting to their respective warehouse database) and then share that data source. Again as above, the share appears to accept the accounts but I am unable to see or use the data source on the clients tennant.

The final solution was to create a share a workspace and then share it to the client. This had the same result as the other tests.

I have enabled all the sharing options that I can find in the Power BI Admin and am running out of ideas.

Has anyone done something similar before or knows another way to resolve this blocker.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @Caz1224 

You could share the gateway with others ro get it.

Please refer to this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/onpremises-data-gateway-management

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @Caz1224 

You could share the gateway with others ro get it.

Please refer to this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/onpremises-data-gateway-management

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors