Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Thurmus
Frequent Visitor

On Premise Data Gateway Dataset Refresh Error

I am having an issue with two reports that use different tables/queries from the same database on the same SQL server. I do not have the same issue with my other SQL Server. When I try and refresh the data in the published report I get the following error message:

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: PatchCategory.

I previously got this message but the table was Status. I renamed the PBI query Status to Status2. I then duplicated another query, copied the SQL query from Status2 and pasted it in to the new Query1. I then renamed Query1 to Status. I then saved and published the report. When I tried to refresh the dataset it gave me the error above. I checked the report and when I look at Data Sources there is only the one.

Can anyone provide more information on why this may be happening or why the fix I tried worked? I have a of queries in the report and changing them like I did for status means redoing all of my visualisations, measures and calculated columns which I am trying to avoid.

I have looked through the forums and as per suggestions elsewhere, rebooted the gateway server, removed the gateway all together and created a new one and checked the permissions are identical for both SQL servers as well.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Thurmus ,

Check the similar thread below:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/DM-GWPipeline-Gateway-MashupDataAccessError/td-p/1047721

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors