cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I

On Prem gateway installed but can't see it on the service

The gateway is installed and online but it not available in the service, in the service it shows that no gateway is installed.  any idea what is going on?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: On Prem gateway installed but can't see it on the service

@vanessafvg Are you logging in to the Service with the user that you used to create the gateway? That is the admin user, and it will be the only default user on the gateway initially.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@vanessafvg Are you logging in to the Service with the user that you used to create the gateway? That is the admin user, and it will be the only default user on the gateway initially.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I

it was actually the IT guy - he figured it out... thanks though which is as exactly as you said re the admin.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors