Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

On 07 Nov 2022, noticed some visuals or slicers have borders highlighted in workspaces

Today on 07 Nov 2022, upon opening a Power BI report, I noticed some visuals or slicers have their borders highlighted on pages (in Power BI service workspaces).

When you click anywhere on the page, the highlighting goes away.

So issue only happens when clicking on a Power BI report page (to view it

This was not a problem on 04 Nov 2022 or prior. 

Experience this problem across Premium and Standard Power BI service workspaces. 

Experience this problem across many Power BI reports. 

*** Assumption is someone went and changed the default page settings in Power BI service. 

4 REPLIES 4
MiWA
Helper I
Helper I

Issue remains outstanding. No word from Microsoft. 

MiWA
Helper I
Helper I

Hi ktaylor 

It appears to be a bug in the latest release from Microsoft. See this thread for more users with the issue: 

Unwanted Border - Power BI October 2022 release - Microsoft Power BI Community

I am also having the issue. One user says it is the first visual in the Z-Order. 

A fix would be appreciated. 

Thank you 

v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you click the "Spotlight", it will highlight the borders and then when you click anywhere on the page, the highlighting goes away.

vxiaosunmsft_0-1667898972565.pngvxiaosunmsft_1-1667899058442.png

If you have set the "visual border", it will show the border, but normally it will not go away if you click anywhere on the page.

vxiaosunmsft_2-1667899175793.pngvxiaosunmsft_3-1667899235880.png

If your highlighting phenomena is not above, please share us your highlighting screenshot in order that we can help you better.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Workspace issue-1.PNGWorkspace issue-2.PNGHi xiason-msft

I am experiencing the above when trying to view reports in Workspace (viewing in App works ok). 

If you then click anywhere in the report, the highlighted border line goes away. So the border line around some slicers, tables, charts, is only displayed when initially clicking on a report page and the page then loads. This issue did not exist on 04 Nov 2022, only since 07 Nov 2022. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors