Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sperry
Resolver I
Resolver I

Old versions sharing access issues

Hey

I have older versions of PowerBI reports which I publish and share with a group through app.powerbi.com (then onto SharePoint but ignore that for now). If I add a user using the Share function - the user has PowerBI Pro Licence and can see other reports I have shared in the past - then they get an error in every visual "This visual contain restricted data" when trying to open. The user has access to the underlying data source (excel) there are no permissions set in the Data Source Settings. Under File>Options>Current File>Privacy the radio button for 'Ignore the Privacy Levels' has been flagged.

I completely re-created a report in the latest version of PowerBI Desktop mirroring exactly the old one and it works. Is there a known issue with sharing older PBI reports with additional people??

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @sperry 

If there is RLS in these old reports? And could you try to reshare it?

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Nah..no RLS - went through and checked all the security. Tried removing and re-sharing the new people. Only way I have solved is to completely re-create the reports. Completly copied all queries and only difference is the version..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors