Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

juan_pablo
Advocate III
Advocate III

Old dataset is stuck in the server and doesn't gets replaced when publishing the pbix file

Hi,
When I re-publish a report that is already in the server, Power Bi desktops asks me if I want to replace the current dataset. I click yes and the report gets published succesfuly. But when I go to the server, few minutes after the report was published, the underlying dataset returns to the old dataset although the pbix file is the currently re-published. 

Is like if the data set is stuck in the server and no matter what I do, it doesn't updates to the recent version and only updates the pbix file without the data set.

In this vieo I show what is happening:

https://uniontecolog-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/jreyesv_ecolog_com_co/EcapAhoxHatBmFMRqGyqyHEB...

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @juan_pablo ,

Based on your description, I think this is because the server will have a certain delay in updating the data. It often takes more than half one minute to accomplish the refresh. Have you tried to click "Open "xxxx.pbix" in Power BI" directly instead of refreshing the opened report page?

v-yuaj-msft_0-1619664377785.png

If it does not work, please clear your cookie or change a brower and try again. I've test it in Google and Microsoft Edge, it works both.

If you still have problems in this case, please feel free to let me know.

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @juan_pablo ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your problem.

Best Regards,

Yuna

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @juan_pablo ,

for me that looks like a caching issue.

First I would give Power BI Service a little more than a minute, it usually needs a few minutes until the old report is  fully replaced. Maybe check again after 15 minutes, then is should show the latest data.

If that is not the case, clear the browser cache, restart the browser and load it again or use a different browser. Because the delay could also be caused by the caching of the browser.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors