Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hakun_Matata
Frequent Visitor

Old Power BI Dataflow's data source (Sharepoint) stays and i cant change the Data source credentials

Hi,

i have a dataflow in Power BI service which has a data source from sharepoint.

However, we have changed the sharepoint site and it has been updated in the power query, the stange thing is from the "Data source credentials" setting, i can still see these old sharepoint (even it is not used in power query and the site has been removed already).

The refresh of the data souce is still working and when i try to update the credentials for these old sharepoint, i received the following error message (which makes sense since these old sharepoint sites have been removed).

Failed to update data source credentials: Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.Resources.HttpResource: Request failed: OData Version: 3 and 4, Error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. (404 FILE NOT FOUND) OData Version: 4, Error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. (404 FILE NOT FOUND) OData Version: 3, Error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. (404 FILE NOT FOUND)

Any idea on how to remove these outdated credentials? thanks in advance.

Best,

Xiang

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Hakun_Matata ,

I think we cannot remove datasources from Dataflows. A workaround is to download the JSON, then import the model again (it will duplicate your dataflow, but without those old data source). But you have to alter subsequent dataflows which reference this one.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hakun_Matata ,

When I modify the data source to a new SharePoint site in the Advanced Editor, there will be the following prompt. After entering the new credentials, the refresh will be successful without editing the old data source credentials.

vkkfmsft_0-1627005046978.png

vkkfmsft_1-1627009037422.png

tempsnipww.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Winniz,

This is exactly what i have experienced, the dataflow is still working without any issue but i am wondering if its possible to remove these old data source since it doesnt look good...

Capture.PNG

Best,

Xiang

Hi @Hakun_Matata ,

I think we cannot remove datasources from Dataflows. A workaround is to download the JSON, then import the model again (it will duplicate your dataflow, but without those old data source). But you have to alter subsequent dataflows which reference this one.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors