Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Office 365 Admins and Sensitive Data

Hi , I have some sensitive HR report which I have published that in a workspace . I have the following security concerns. 

As a developer - I have access to the data(I understand we could have worked on mocked up data), and I can view the report in Desktop and Power BI Service.  It is expected this way. 

Anyone with listed as "Workspace admin" can see the report ?

Anyone listed in the P"ower BI Admin" group can see all the workspace and the reports under each workspace ?

Anyone listed under Office 365 Tenant admin can see the workspaces and the reports under each workspace  ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

>Anyone with listed as "Workspace admin" can see the report ?

Yes. The people who have permission of "Admin" can see and edit the report. You could reference the documents to learn about the different capability of different access.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-new-workspaces#roles-in-the-new-workspaces

>Anyone listed in the P"ower BI Admin" group can see all the workspace and the reports under each workspace ?

The group will see the workspace and all the content in it once you add the group to the workspace access list.  Other cases, they can not see the workspaces.

>Anyone listed under Office 365 Tenant admin can see the workspaces and the reports under each workspace ?

This is the same as above. When you add the person to access list, he will see. Otherwise, he can't see any workspaces. You could reference this document to understand what the scope of the administrator controled. They aim at the features not specific contents.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-administering-power-bi-in-your-organization#administrator-roles-related-to-power-bi

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

>Anyone with listed as "Workspace admin" can see the report ?

Yes. The people who have permission of "Admin" can see and edit the report. You could reference the documents to learn about the different capability of different access.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-new-workspaces#roles-in-the-new-workspaces

>Anyone listed in the P"ower BI Admin" group can see all the workspace and the reports under each workspace ?

The group will see the workspace and all the content in it once you add the group to the workspace access list.  Other cases, they can not see the workspaces.

>Anyone listed under Office 365 Tenant admin can see the workspaces and the reports under each workspace ?

This is the same as above. When you add the person to access list, he will see. Otherwise, he can't see any workspaces. You could reference this document to understand what the scope of the administrator controled. They aim at the features not specific contents.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-administering-power-bi-in-your-organization#administrator-roles-related-to-power-bi

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors