Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vhoang148
Regular Visitor

Odd behavior in report refreshes

I have a report published to an app workspace that uses incremental refresh on two different data sets from a SQL server datasource. The refresh history shows everything succeeds - no failures or issues - but when I look at my report, the set of measures that uses one dataset shows the updated data. The measures that uses the other dataset does not though. Manually refreshing on the service still does not pick up the updated data - only when I refreshed the report on Desktop and load to the service does the report finally shows the updated date. This odd behavior have only recently started happening in the last three weeks. Am I missing something in the setting? Current setting for incremental: keep 10 years of data, refresh only the last 1 year of data

Example:

week 1: measure shows 15,000,000

week 2: measure shows 15,000,000 but expected value is 15,100,000; after refreshing on desktop and then uploading to the workspace does it show the expected value

4 REPLIES 4
vhoang148
Regular Visitor

Yes, I have tried the reselt to defaults button. I even tried to create a new page on the same report on the service with no filters/slicers, and made a simple matrix, and the results does not show the updated information.

That is something unusual or there is a filter on your dataset somewhere.

I have never had that issue, likewise all people whom I have assisted with in the past have always found some filter or other issue which was affecting the data source refresh.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

That is what makes it odd for me. There is no additional filters as other measures that are affected by the same slicers/filters updates every week (and there are no slicers/filters that affect the measure individually). If the refresh fails to update that one dataset this weekend, I might resort to taking down the app and deleting the entire report/dataset and reloading (I have a duplicate of this report in a different app workspace that updates weekly as well, and that one updated correctly).

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @vhoang148 

Can you confirm that you have clicked on the Reset to Default button to make sure that no filters are excluding the data?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors