Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

01_RAF_01
Frequent Visitor

Odata refresh issue

Hi, i have set up a odata connection succesfully in powerbi desktop. I can access data and build a report etc. Refresh on powerbi desktop also is no problem. However, when i publish it to powerbi service and want to setup auto refresh daily i cant get it done. 

1.PNG

It asks me to adjust my references and i tried all these options. Also when entering my credential i get this error:
"OData: Request failed: Unable to connect to the remote server"

Anyone experienced this also or know what to do? 

10 REPLIES 10
sasmita

Is the above issue resolved without using gateway.

Is it possible to do schedule refresh of Odata feed without using gateway. Have gone through the below link but direct connection option is not available for me.

Solved: Re: how to refresh data when i am using data feed ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

ABEZZI

Hi,

I have exaclty the same issue with my odata connexion refresh.

ABEZZI_0-1627031132465.png

Is their any solution proposal for this issue ?

Thanks.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @01_RAF_01 

Have you tried the standard gateway ? Can your report refresh successfully in Service now ?

If yes, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

unfortunatelly no solution yet. Im only able to install the personal gateway. 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @01_RAF_01 

In fact, I recommend that you use an enterprise gateway. Personal gateway just supports Import mode .You can see the difference between two gateways.

Ailsamsft_0-1624585676874.png

You can refer the link to configure enterprise gateway

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-app

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-data-sources

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @01_RAF_01 

Is the data source type you connected in Power BI Desktop OData Feed ?If it is ,you need configure gateway with OData data source in Power BI Service . In this way, it can refresh automatically .

Ailsamsft_0-1624436876555.png

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

Will this also work when my laptop is not turned on? 

Im trying to see if i can set it up....i downloaded the personal mode and installed it... but when trying to configure a gateway in powerbi service i get an error that i dont have a gateway... Never used gateways before to be honest...

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @01_RAF_01 ,

Do you have a gateway setup?  This errors seems to be that the data source is "local" and that you do not have a method of the service reaching the data source.  

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hi @collinq ,

no i dont have a gateway setup. The datasource isnt local. I connect to the data through an external url with login credentials. On powerbi desktop it connects normally. When trying to input my credentials here is doesnt recognize it/ gives me the error: "OData: Request failed: Unable to connect to the remote server"

HI @01_RAF_01 ,

You might want to check the Data Credentials for the Data Source in the DataSet settings to confirm that it is using the right credentials.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors