Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rebeccaETE
Helper I
Helper I

Object level security: User in multiple security roles

Hi there, 

I've set up Object Level Security on a table in my data model, published it, and allocated our distribution groups to the two security roles I've created (one with access, one without). 

In our organizations, people can be in several distribution groups, and as so I've run into a problem, when a person is in a distribution group with access and one without access. My users get the error message below. Should I set up "dynamic security configuration" for it to work? And if so, does anyone have some good links to material on how to do that? 

rebeccaETE_0-1638285495056.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @rebeccaETE 

Based on your description, you could need dynamic RLS with a hierarchy.

Please refer to the following link to see if it is helpful to you.

https://radacad.com/dynamic-row-level-security-with-organizational-hierarchy-power-bi 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @rebeccaETE 

Based on your description, you could need dynamic RLS with a hierarchy.

Please refer to the following link to see if it is helpful to you.

https://radacad.com/dynamic-row-level-security-with-organizational-hierarchy-power-bi 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-zhangti Thanks for the reply and the link! I will have a look at the dynamic one. I assume that dynamic OLS is set up in the same way that dynamic RLS is? 

Cheers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors