Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gtrajesh
Frequent Visitor

Oauth2 option for authentication not available

Hi guys, I have my data source as an excel file that is on our organisations one drive location. Using Power BI desktop I am able to connect to the location and load the data. But after I publish the report into a work space and when I am trying to refresh the dataset online it is throwing an error. I went through the dataset setting to change the dataset credentials but it doesn't show me the option Oauth2 and when I try using the windows and basic options to authenticate its throwing an error "credentials are invalid". Is there anyone who is facing similar issue? Please help if anyone knows the solution to this problem
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Are you reformatting your Excel web URL? Like this: "You have to strip out the :x/r/ from the middle of the URL and the question mark and everything after from the end and then it'll work."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gtrajesh
Frequent Visitor

Hi jeffshieldsdev,

Thank you so much for reverting back quickly. I did as you told and it is working now,

Cheers

jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Are you reformatting your Excel web URL? Like this: "You have to strip out the :x/r/ from the middle of the URL and the question mark and everything after from the end and then it'll work."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've got the same issue execpt when I follow you advice I don't have the :x/r/ or the ? in my URL

In my query edittor I have the following as my source:

= Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents("https://(then my link url).xlsx"), null, true)

Any ideas that can help me?

Thanks for this solution, it has been making me anxious from last many days.. Strange kind of error..

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors