Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] MySQL: Fatal error encountered during data read

Hello, 

In the past week i've gotten the above error message for all my reports when I try to refresh my reports. Each of the reports with this error is attempting to pull data from a mysql server, connected via VPN. 

I looked through other posts with this error and tried to play around with the data in power query: checking for incorrect data type or oddities in the steps, but nothing has helped. 

I also think this is unlikely to be the issue because the error is with three different reports. I am also able to refresh in the gateway, bypassing the desktop without any issues. 

Does anyone have any ideas of where else i might be able to look to deal with this problem?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found a solution to this... It was to do with the permissions. Clearing all data source permissions (File-->Options and Settings --> Data Source Settings --> clear each data source permission). 

Doing this for both local and global permissions and reentering credentials when refreshing fixed the issue

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found a solution to this... It was to do with the permissions. Clearing all data source permissions (File-->Options and Settings --> Data Source Settings --> clear each data source permission). 

Doing this for both local and global permissions and reentering credentials when refreshing fixed the issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Unfortunately i've rolled all the way back and this stil hasn't fixed the issue. 

I was able to load with the most up to date gateway for a couple of weeks before this happened, so maybe it isn't a gateway issue? 

Anyone else resolved this issue?

Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I rolled back to version 72.6 of the gateway (took over the existing gateway when installing) but it still has the same error. 

Any other advice? do i need to go to an earlier version of the gateway and if so where can i find that?

Thanks 

I can send you 66.8 if you want.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be great. How will you do that?

thanks

Send me a private message with your email.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

This is broken since about March. We have a ticket open with Microsoft  but they blame it on MySQL.  MySQL are looking into it, but not really with urgency. Our workaround is to use an older gateway version (66.8 for example) just for the MySQL connections.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much. Do you know where it is possible to download older versions of the gateway?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors