Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KRaghunathReddy
Frequent Visitor

OData refresh issue with Dynamic CRM Online

Hello,

We are facing the following issue while trying to connect to Dynamic CRM OData feed file.

"The Credentials Provided for the OData source are invalid(Source at https://xxxx.crm.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/OrganizationData.svc/XXXXXXXX)" but the given credentials are valid and are able to connect to Dynamic CRM Online.

Our dataset contains "On Premise data" as well. So, we are using Power BI Personal gateway too.

Note: The data refresh is working fine in Power BI Desktop whereas we are facing refresh issue with Power BI Service.

Please help with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
KRaghunathReddy
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

We are facing the following issue while trying to connect to Dynamic CRM OData feed file.

"The Credentials Provided for the OData source are invalid(Source at https://xxxx.crm.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/OrganizationData.svc/XXXXXXXX)" but the given credentials are valid and are able to connect to Dynamic CRM Online.

Our dataset contains "On Premise data" as well. So, we are using Power BI Personal gateway too.

Note: The data refresh is working fine in Power BI Desktop whereas we are facing refresh issue with Power BI Service.

Please help with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

I just ran into this except that I had just recently changed my password. Probably not your case. Did your CRM Online instance recently get upgraded, that looks like the old-style OData service connection but I'd have to double check to be sure. I had some issues with this when our tenant got upgraded and had to switch out the URL to the OData service.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

If our dataset connect to only one of the "Dynamics CRM feed file" or "On Premises data sources" the refresh is working fine. We are getting issue when we are having combination of "Online and On Premise" data sources. So, i believe OData service connection is not a problem.

This is the exact issue I am facing although we are not connecting to any on prem data.  Just to an Azure SQL Database.  It works fine in the desktop version but as soon as we publish it to our PowerBI portal and refresh it, it throws this error:

Data source error: The credentials provided for the OData source are invalid.

However, we then created a single dataset that pulled the top 100 contacts from CRM.  Worked fine in Desktop version, published fine and refreshed fine in the portal.  So its not a credential issue.  We then went back to the original workbook and limited the big datasets to 100 records....again, it all worked find in Desktop and when we published to the portal and refreshed.  But as soon as we remove the restriction on the rows and the full workbook is refreshed it throws the above error.  At a loss as to whether its a timeout issue or too much data...even though the error message indicates credentials.

Hmm, that's interesting, I would submit that to the Issues forum:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/360879-issues

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors