Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JillHenninger
Helper I
Helper I

OData / SharePoint / Gateway

Hi all

I have a Report I've developed in Power BI desktop. This file connects to a SharePoint list via OData, as well as a number of tables stored on Team site. In Desktop it works perfectly, refreshes easily, etc. I've published to a Premium workspace and to the app. Now, I need to set up a scheduled refresh - no luck. I'd really rather not use a Personal gateway as I'm going to be on leave for a while and won't be able to mess with my desktop computer.

Here are the errors:

image.png

A) I can't set up an enterprise gateway (I feel real confident in the Desktop arena, but gateways are not my expertise

b) Error on the OData connector:

image.png

Any help would be appreciated!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
JillHenninger
Helper I
Helper I

Well, I partially solved it. My data source was missing the S after the HTTP. I reloaded the OData connector in Desktop, republished - and now I have the option to select OAuth2 - now my credentials work.

It's still a Personal gateway though - will my desktop need to be on and connected for the refresh to work?

View solution in original post

Hi @JillHenninger ,

"will my desktop need to be on and connected for the refresh to work?"

Yes.

For more please refer to the documentation.

How the gateway works 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JillHenninger
Helper I
Helper I

Well, I partially solved it. My data source was missing the S after the HTTP. I reloaded the OData connector in Desktop, republished - and now I have the option to select OAuth2 - now my credentials work.

It's still a Personal gateway though - will my desktop need to be on and connected for the refresh to work?

Hi @JillHenninger ,

Has your problem been solved?

Regarding your question, I would like to explain again. Since the local gateway application provides a service, if the service is not started, the gateway will not work properly.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @JillHenninger ,

"will my desktop need to be on and connected for the refresh to work?"

Yes.

For more please refer to the documentation.

How the gateway works 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors