Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Omega
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

ODBC keeps failing

Hi, 

I built a report that that pulls data using ODBC connector. I configured my gateway, published the report to Power BI service and ran a schedular to refresh the data every 30 min. 

After refreshing the data for around 2 hours, the refresh failed and when I checked the Data Source Credentials and I keep getting "your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid". 

Please advise how we can fix this issue. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Omega ,

Please clear the global permission, re-connect to the data source and try to refresh manually in Desktop. Then republish the report to service and check if it works fine when you set schedule refresh. 

2.PNG3.PNG

Moreover, make sure that you install the latest version (3000.9.194) of gateway and the latest version (2.74.5619.621) of Power BI Desktop. And please check if your credential matched the gateway. 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Omega ,

Please clear the global permission, re-connect to the data source and try to refresh manually in Desktop. Then republish the report to service and check if it works fine when you set schedule refresh. 

2.PNG3.PNG

Moreover, make sure that you install the latest version (3000.9.194) of gateway and the latest version (2.74.5619.621) of Power BI Desktop. And please check if your credential matched the gateway. 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors