cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

ODBC datasource - SQL Statement

Hello guys,

I would like to ask, is it possible to set ODBC datasource for gateway with SLQ statement? Most of my sources in desktop version have SQL statement, because without it, it is impossible to load the query.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: ODBC datasource - SQL Statement

Hi Sk1X1,

You can add SQL Query in advance option when loading data to your PBI desktop. After you publish the report to web, everytime the data in your report need to be refreshed, PBI Service will send SQL Query to your gateway, then gateway will forward the query to your database. 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User IX
Super User IX

Yes, you can use Advanced options in an ODBC connection to paste in a SQL Statement, if that is what you are asking.

---------------------------------------

Not link spamming! If I posted a link in reply it is because I did assume you know how to search the web but thought it was the fastest way to fix your issue.

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Sk1X1,

You can add SQL Query in advance option when loading data to your PBI desktop. After you publish the report to web, everytime the data in your report need to be refreshed, PBI Service will send SQL Query to your gateway, then gateway will forward the query to your database. 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements

August Community Highlights

Check out a full recap of the month!

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors