Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mark598
Regular Visitor

ODBC Refresh schedule not working

Hi,

I have been struggling with the ODBC refresh schedule for weeks now. Have read a lot of issues here but not found a solution for mine. Maybe someone can help me or point to a solution. I have my gateway set up to a server that is always on but somehow the refresh schedule most of the time does not work. On demand refresh works fine and has no issues but when I schedule it then the problems start and I only get error messages:

1.PNG

As you can see in the picture I have one scheduled refresh that worked. Rest of them failed and all On demand refreshes that I tested also worked.

My gateway is configured correctly and status is green and always on. I have tested to put schedules during the working hours when I am 100% sure the server is on and working but still the same thing. Scheduled fail, on demand work. I would really appreciate some help on this. At the moment I cannot use any of my reports because all I do is update them manually which takes a lot of time.

A few pictures of my setup:

2.png3.png

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

If you had to click on "Show" what does that say?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

4.png

Table is different in all of the refresh attempts.

Hi @Mark598 

It appears that the query is taking to long to get the data back and is timing out.

Possibly see if you can increase the timeout values?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors