Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mark598
Regular Visitor

ODBC Refresh schedule not working

Hi,

I have been struggling with the ODBC refresh schedule for weeks now. Have read a lot of issues here but not found a solution for mine. Maybe someone can help me or point to a solution. I have my gateway set up to a server that is always on but somehow the refresh schedule most of the time does not work. On demand refresh works fine and has no issues but when I schedule it then the problems start and I only get error messages:

1.PNG

As you can see in the picture I have one scheduled refresh that worked. Rest of them failed and all On demand refreshes that I tested also worked.

My gateway is configured correctly and status is green and always on. I have tested to put schedules during the working hours when I am 100% sure the server is on and working but still the same thing. Scheduled fail, on demand work. I would really appreciate some help on this. At the moment I cannot use any of my reports because all I do is update them manually which takes a lot of time.

A few pictures of my setup:

2.png3.png

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

If you had to click on "Show" what does that say?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

4.png

Table is different in all of the refresh attempts.

Hi @Mark598 

It appears that the query is taking to long to get the data back and is timing out.

Possibly see if you can increase the timeout values?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors