cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IssacCDavid

ODBC: ERROR [HY000] INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

I am receiveing the below error when trying to set up a dataflow in Power BI web to connect via a gateway to Salesforce

ODBC: ERROR [HY000] INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

Details:

DataSourceKind = Odbc

OdbcErrors = #table({"SQLState", "NativeError", "Message"}, {})

The status of the connection is showing up as "Online", but we are unable to connect using the connection from Power BI web to Salesforce to retrieve the value.

I have also verified the credentials used for the Salesforce account used to set up this connection and data source and I am able to login to Salesforce user account using theses credentials.

2 REPLIES 2
IssacCDavid

Hello Caitlyn,

Thank you for the pointers and sorry for not getting back with a response/update in time.

We do not use Security Toke, Consumer key or secret. But rather credentials for a service account/user on Salesforce

Our Power BI Technical team that manages creating the connection/dataflows created a new DSN and tested the credentialls for the Salesforce User/Service Account using CData ODBC connection application and then proceeded to use this new DSN in creating a new Dataflow connection with the credentials

Some observations were:

1. On the Salesforce Service user/Account Record - Ensure that the account is not locked out, credentials are valid and that "API Enabled" access is provided either through the Profile level or through a Permission set

2. This part is not that clear to me, but it appears that multiple dataflows using the same DSN do not work - Please feel free to correct me if this is wrong. We had reconciled to removing any Dataflow connection we were trying to create and had just unique connection in the end, which also seemd to contribute to resolving the issue

Thank you again for your timely response and suggestion

v-caitlyn-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IssacCDavid ,

It seems not the wrong in Power BI side.

Login to Sales Force with the ID you wish to work with, then:
Reset Security Token:
https://tinyurl.com/SF-Reset-Secret 

View Consumer Key and Secret
https://tinyurl.com/SF-Consumer-and-Secret 

View login attempts
https://um5.lightning.force.com/lightning/settings/personal/LoginHistory/home

For more you may refer to this  Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out with SOAP API - Salesforce Developer ...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

Thank you 2022 Review

2022 Monthly Feature Releases

We had a great 2022 with a ton of feature releases to help you drive a data culture.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors