Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

swang123
Frequent Visitor

ODBC Dataflow Refresh Error

Hi everyone! Having an issue with a dataflow refresh, hoping someone can assist.

We have installed a data gateway on an Azure virstal machine. Data is from an ODBC connection which was refreshing fine until yesterday.

We are now getting an error saying: Error: The key didn't match any rows in the table. Request ID: 4fccdde4-7814-4db9-132e-b3efc428a380 Activity ID: ef9d12c0-6ab0-428d-aef4-d3837749789c

Tried loading the data via ODBC in Power BI desktop directly, and it loads fine. The query editor on powerbi.com states that the query has errors. The query is below:

let
Source = Odbc.DataSource("dsn=Main ODBC"),
shipedge_alpaca_fulfyld1_Database = Source{[Name = "main_alpan1", Kind = "Database"]}[Data],
shipping_out_Table = shipedge_alpaca_fulfyld1_Database{[Name = "shipments_out", Kind = "Table"]}[Data],
#"Inserted Lowercased Text" = Table.AddColumn(shipping_out_Table, "lowercase", each Text.Lower([Carrier]), type text),
#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Inserted Lowercased Text", {{"lowercase", "Carrier_mast"}}),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Renamed Columns", {{"Carrier_ActualCosts", Currency.Type}}),
#"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Changed Type", {"Carrier_mast"})
in
#"Removed Columns"

Does anyone have any idea as to why this may be happening?

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Could I suggest you upgrade and install the latest version of the On-Premise Data Gateway and see if that resolves your issue?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi,

Thanks! We did update to the latest version (3000.9.194)

Hi there

In the dataflow make sure you click on the triangle where it says there are errors.

It will add in a step which should resolve the error. I have had to do this before.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @swang123 ,

please check if

• Your credentials are still right
  • The columns you are using are still in place (columns didn't get deleted or renamed)

I bet someone renamed/deleted a column in your table.

Here are similar threads

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Expression-Error-The-key-didn-t-match-any-rows-in-the-table...

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Expression-Error-The-key-did-not-match-a...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Key-Expression-Error-The-key-didn-t-match-any-rows-in-the-t...

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef

Hi! Thanks for responding. 

Just checked this out - none of the columns have changed. The Key error only in shows in the PowerBI service website (where we refresh the dataflow). When trying to refresh within the query editor online, it only says that "the query contains errors".

Not sure why this may be happening still?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors