Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

simonbcky
Regular Visitor

OAuth2 option gone missing or won't connect to O365 Sharepoint

Hello,

i have a report / dataset with xlsx files on Sharepoint. The autorefresh was working just fine, till i needed to refresh the token.

authfail.jpg

Now when i try to enter the credentials, i have 2 problems

1, The OAuth2 option is not available at all -- however xlsx sources should be picked up via OAuth2 accoring to the docs, as well as from the past experience it was the only option that worked.

nooauth.JPG

2, Trying repeatedly, sometimes the OAuth2 option is there, and i try the connection, however it fails:

spissue.PNG

i am puzzled and wonder if this is a temporary issue with SP / O365 / PowerBI or something .. i spent an hour trying but mostly i won't even get the OAuth2 option to show .. and when i do, there is only this request failed error (tried all kinds of privacy settings.

Please advise and best regards

simon

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @simonbcky ,

Try to upgrade the gateway to latest version.

If you still have this issue for Power BI, you'd better create a support ticket in Power BI Support to get further help.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xicai ,

thanks for the prompt reply .. sorry i was not clear enough.. this is about an all-online scenario -- the xlsx files are on O365 Sharepoint and Power BI service connects to them via the recommended OAuth2 authentication.

thanks and best regards

simon

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm running into the same situation.  I have several datasets that I'm unable to refresh now, but was able to refresh a few weeks ago.  The only change I can see from my side is that I'm no longer able to use OAUTH2 credentials anymore.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors