Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BenFord
Frequent Visitor

OAuth custom connector

I have created a custom data connector to an OData api.  The API uses Oauth2 and the connector is configured to do that as well.  It works from the power query SDk in visual studio, works from desktop.  I now am deploying it on our power bi gataway, and the gateway is able to load it.  I also successfully created a data source on the gateway that uses this connector.  however, when i try to use it in a dataflow, i get the enter credentials dialog.  it has selected to use the correct gateway, but when i click the sign in button i get the message below.  I noticed also that when i click the sign in button here, i am directed to a different uri then i am in sdk or in desktop. Any help is appreciated.

Screenshot 2022-04-22 141258.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BenFord ,

OAuth for custom connectors via gateways is currently supported only for gateway admins but not other data source users.

The method for implementing TestConnection functionality is likely to change while the Power BI Custom Data Connector functionality is in preview.

To support scheduled refresh through the on-premises data gateway, your connector must implement a TestConnection handler.

For more details, please check this document.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/handlinggatewaysupport 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

My custom connector has a test connection method and I am able to add it to the gateway and the connection is successful there.  It is just when i try to use it in a dataflow that i am getting the above issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors