Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

OAUTH popup window error

Hi,

we're trying to load users from AAD into Power BI as described here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Get-Data-Active-Directory/m-p/73792#M30680. This works fine with the Power BI Desktop. If I now try to move the same code to Data Flows I need to use an Organizational Account here as well. So the OAUTH window pops up and closes within a fraction of a second presenting the message that an error happened. 

What can I do?

Thanks,

Thomas

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: OAUTH popup window error

Hi @TePe ,

What's the error message? You could provide a screenshot of the error or share the details of the error in text here.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

sorry for the late feedback... The exact error message is: There was an error in the OAuth popup window (Session ID: xxxxxxx). You see the popup window for a fraction of a second before it goes away and you see the following message:Annotation 2020-03-10 134450.png

Thanks,

Thomas

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TePe ,

You could use "Basic" authentication instead of Organizational. Please check if it works.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi

Just tried... It asks me "Please specifiy how to connect". There's the button with "configure connection" where I can choose between anonymus, basic and "organizational account" authentication. When I use basic I can go and provide my user in the format user@domain.com and provide my password. But no matter if I provide a correct or incorrect login it just jumps back and asks "Please specify how to connect".

Here's the M-Code I'm using.

let
  Query = (MyDomain as text, MyGroup as text) =>
let
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://graph.windows.net/" & MyDomain & "/groups/" & MyGroup & "/members?api-version=1.6")),
    value = Source[value],
    fnGetGroupMember = Table.FromList(value, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), nullnull, ExtraValues.Error)
     in
    fnGetGroupMember
in
  Query

Yes, not elegant, but it works in Power BI Desktop. Parameters you need is a domain and the GUID of a group you have there...

THANKS & Best Regards,

Thomas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors