Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

simonmeacher
Regular Visitor

Numeric range slicer

Hi,

I've noticed that when I publish the Numeric range slicer to the service, it appears as a list or drop down and not as it appears on the Desktop version.

Is there anyway to get this working?

thanks, Si

Regards, Si
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @simonmeacher. It seems like it is live on the Service now. I can see my reports are using it.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
apzaya
Frequent Visitor

I've had the same issue and have found a work around.     I had two slicers with ranges on the same report.  When publishing to the web only one appeared as a range.  The other as a checklist.   The work around was in the desktop version was to use the less than option and publish.  The slicer appeared correctly on the web.   Next change the same slicer in desktop to a range and publish.  

This has been quite the issue for us and has caused delays in delivery.  In one case I had to install the desktop version on an Executive's laptop.   I can only hope that the work around works for you  . . . and keeps working for me !   Good Luck ! !

Thanks @apzaya for the workaround - much appreciated.

I found this Issue which seems to be the same problem. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Slicer-Visual-not-displaying-properly-between-desktop-and-on...

Can all please vote and comment to raise it's priority.

Thank you so much, it worked like a magic for me! (Although why it would work is so mysterious)

AE_K
Regular Visitor

I still don't have the numeric slicer working on the power BI service, do any of you know if it depends on certain settings or on the country that you're in?

Kind regards, Eva

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @AE_K,

I am not so sure. But for me, my reports started using the numeric slicer automatically. I did not have to do anything. Maybe, refresh the report, or, re-publish it?

Hey,

I tried both those things but I guess I'll just have to be patient. Thank you though!

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@simonmeacher

As @Anonymous said, numeric range slicer can be displayed properly on Power BI Service. You can refresh the report or republish the .pbix to get it work.

7.PNG

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @simonmeacher. It seems like it is live on the Service now. I can see my reports are using it.

vanessa
Post Patron
Post Patron

@simonmeacher

Numeric range slicer is a preview feature for this month. It works on desktop but if you publish the report to the Power BI service it'll display as a list slicer, although the filter will still be applied.

Check this link

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors