Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BiNavPete
Resolver III
Resolver III

November update - Export to Power Bi and publishing PBIX datasets to different workspaces

Hi all

The November update brought into preview exporting to excel with Data with current layout.

There was also an option to when publishing the PBIX to publish data set to one workspace and report to another.

I have downloaded the latest desktop version but neither of these things appear available. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Or are they tenant dependant and not rolled out to all tenants yet? My tenant is WABI-UK-SOUTH-B-PRIMARY.

Looking Forward to help

Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @BiNavPete 

No worries, I've gotten some responses from the team.
This preview feature is not currently enabled for all tenants, so if you don't see this option yet then your tenant has not yet been enabled for this feature. I believe the deployment will be completed for all tenants in the near future.

Feature is being rolled out following safe deployment guidelines. ETA end of next week.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @BiNavPete 

Exporting to Excel with the current layout is suitable for table and matrix visual, and this works in the service.

vangzhengmsft_0-1638242363028.png

refer:
Export to Excel Improvements for Table and Matrix Visuals (Preview)

Datasets hub improvements

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Nathaniel_C  My query os more aimed at new possibilities for exporting from the service and easing the upload of reports rather than what you suggest. Thank for help though

@v-angzheng-msft 
I don't see the option "Data with current layout" when I try to export.
just wondered if it had been updated to UK tenants yet and if it has how do I switch on

Pete

Hi, @BiNavPete 

No worries, I've gotten some responses from the team.
This preview feature is not currently enabled for all tenants, so if you don't see this option yet then your tenant has not yet been enabled for this feature. I believe the deployment will be completed for all tenants in the near future.

Feature is being rolled out following safe deployment guidelines. ETA end of next week.

Best Regards,

Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @BiNavPete , once again, I may be misunderstanding a subtle point, but what you describe is what I do.

Publish the report to a workspace, I end up with a dataset and a report there.

Next I copy the report to another workspace - I actually edit the report in the workspace to shave off a page.

I end up with 1 gateway, 1 dataset, 1 automatic refrexh every night, but two reports.

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

BiNavPete
Resolver III
Resolver III

Thanks @Nathaniel_C. Yes I've doen that before too. But scenario her will be to have 3 reports point to the same dataset, which is what I wanted to test with the update. This would then mean single overnight gateway refresh rather than 3.

Not a biggy this one because what I have works, but would get it tidier.
More concerned with how I get to the new functionality? Switch somewhere?

Pete

Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @BiNavPete , this may not be what you are looking for, but you can publish to a workspace, and then copy the report to another workspace.  I do that all the time a work. Once you publish, go to that workspace, click the three dots next to the report, save a copy.  You then choose the workspace to save it to.

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors