cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Patron
Post Patron

Not receiving email via subscription

Dear,

I have enabled subscription for a report and the same has been shown in the subscription tab as well.

However I havent receivd any email so far. I did it on day before yesterday, and contents have had changes, Is there any other steps I need to do to receive the email?

Br,

Shams

22 REPLIES 22
Microsoft
Microsoft

@shamsuddeenvp

Hi,

Can you tell us a bit more.  Where does the report live (where is it saved), what type of dataset is it? Did you set up refresh?

Thanks,

Michele

Thanks @mihart. This report is inmemory (import) delployed in powerbi.com. It uses excel files as the data source which are placed in shared drive. This dataset is set for scheduled refresh.

Br,

Shams

Hi @shamsuddeenvp

A few more questions.  1. What trigger did you set for the alert and did the data reach the trigger?  2. Did you check the history to see if scheduled refresh ran successfully?   If you answered "yes" to both questions, the next step would be to look at the logs on the backend to see what happened.  For that, I'd need to refer you to one of our PMs.  Let me know.

Michele

thanks @mihart

Please find below my comments.

1. What trigger did you set for the alert and did the data reach the trigger?

I dont have any alert set for this report. I think as per the documentation,  subscription just send the screenshots of the report in case of any changes in the dataset, once per day.

2. Did you check the history to see if scheduled refresh ran successfully?

Yes. I did. It ran succsessfully.

Br,

Shams

@shamsuddeenvp,

Sorry, my bad, I was confusing data alerts with subscriptions.

And I'm all out of suggestions.  This may be a bug, so please navigate to this link and select the option to "Report an issue"

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

HTH,

Michele

Frequent Visitor

Hi, I have the same problem and the setup is very similar. Did you manage to raise an incident? If so, did you get a solution?

I added a related post to the "Issues"-Forum. Will be happy if you vote for it!

Hi @sinaakhtar

I dint raise ticket.

Nt et resolved the issue.

Br,

Shams

Hi @shamsuddeenvp

Glad you got it resolved, can you share how it was resolved?  I don't know what Nt et stands for. 

Thanks,

Michele

Helpful resources

Announcements
November Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2020 Updates!

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

secondImage

Power Platform October Community Highlights

Check out the top community contributors across all of the communities

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors