Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sdegroot
Helper I
Helper I

Not receiving email notifications when app access requested

Hello everyone,

Users within our organization have requested access to apps (see image below), but the app owner has not been notified . The only way we notice that someone has requested access is when we update the app (it doesn't even show up as a notification within the owner's Power BI account). We are hoping to receive emails to our Microsoft Outlook accounts.

Thank you,

Sarah 

App owner.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sdegroot,

Each O365 group there is a setting that controls whether that group can receive emails from a sender outside its organization. This option is set to false by default for all the groups. The access request email is sent from no-reply@powerbi.com, and thus the owner cannot receive it. Please refer to this thread to enable this option "Let people outside the organization email the group" Office 365 group.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey Yuliana,

Most of the areas I looked at kept mentioning O365, which we do not have. Do you know how to received email notifications within Microsoft Outlook 2010?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Hi @sdegroot,

Outlook is just one of many email programs, but Yuliana is referring to the Power BI Service's Office 365 groups that control access/administration/etc.

What format is the email you use to access the Service or log into Power BI desktop for publishing? Is it an enterprise/company account? You shouldn't have been able to sign up for Power BI using a personal account.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors