Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lierreyy
Helper I
Helper I

Not receiving an email when app access is requested

Hi there,

I noticed that I am not receiving an email when someone requests access to an app for which I’m the publisher/owner. I’m also an admin for the workspace that app is based on. Is there any idea why that might be the case? The people that requested the access are internal to the organization.

(Also, I created another related post asking if it’s possible to get a list of all outstanding pending access requests using a REST API or some other mechanism: Getting a list of Pending Report/App Access Reques... - Microsoft Power BI Community. I figured since it’s a separate question, it should be in another post, but let me know if you know the answer to that as well.)

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lierreyy 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

(1) First, please check whether there is a message indicating successful sending in the upper right corner after sending the request for access to the app owner.

vxiaotang_0-1652931867306.png

How to find the app owner: 

vxiaotang_1-1652932136241.png

Of course, the admin of the workspace where the app is located will also receive the application email.

(2) If the above prompt appears in the upper right corner, look in your inbox to see if it has been misclassified into other less commonly used categories, such as spam. If you still can't find it, add another app owner and check if the another app owner can't receive mail either.

(3) If it still doesn't work, try republishing an app or creating an app in another workspace. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lierreyy 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

(1) First, please check whether there is a message indicating successful sending in the upper right corner after sending the request for access to the app owner.

vxiaotang_0-1652931867306.png

How to find the app owner: 

vxiaotang_1-1652932136241.png

Of course, the admin of the workspace where the app is located will also receive the application email.

(2) If the above prompt appears in the upper right corner, look in your inbox to see if it has been misclassified into other less commonly used categories, such as spam. If you still can't find it, add another app owner and check if the another app owner can't receive mail either.

(3) If it still doesn't work, try republishing an app or creating an app in another workspace. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-xiaotang,

Thanks for your response! I am the app publisher/owner. I am also one of the admins for the workspace this app was based on. So I should have received an email, but I did not (I checked my junk mail as well).

However, I republished the app and tested with one of my co-workers and now I am receiving the email.

I still don't know what caused the issue but republishing the app seems to have solved it.

Thanks for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors