cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gordon2 Member

Not my datasets in MyWorkspace

There were a couple of examples in my org started from the mid of Jun'19 that users found plenty of datasets in their MyWorkspaces not authored by them. They did not know why they have it and simply do not want them.

Did anyone experience the same? I need a root cause of this phenomena to eliminate it.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Not my datasets in MyWorkspace

Hi @Gordon2 ,

I didn't encounter the situation. Can you please share more details?

• Did they share the account to others? Maybe someone created the datesets in My workspace.
  • Did they get content packs? You could check if there is a flag like below in dataset.

1.PNGContent packs

• Did they get data from the published datasets? In this way, they will get the datasets of other workspaces.  You could reference the document to check it.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Gordon2 Member

@

Good points. I must check it.

I am courios if sharing the dataset from myworkspace is the reason. 

The contenpacks are interesting too.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Gordon2 ,

Do you check the datasets? If the problem is caused by content packs or shared datasets? If you have solved it, please mark the helpful answer as a solution and you could share your own solution as well. More people will benefit here. If not, please share more details about what the users might do. I will research other ways.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 325 members 3,264 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: