Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Foram
Frequent Visitor

Not calculating max value for all the rows

Not calculating all the max value records correctly.

There are few rows wherein the max values are incorrect whereas in most of the records it is calculating correctly.

The formula used for calucation of max value is: 

Max Value = MAX([In(Mbps)],[Out(Mbps)])
May i know if this the correct formula i'm using because this is the basic formula.

Thanks is advance
5 REPLIES 5
zoloturu
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Foram ,

Please provide a sample data as well. And a column with expected result values.

Regards,
Ruslan Zolotukhin (zoloturu)
BI Engineer at Akvelon Inc. / Kharkiv Power BI User Group Leader / DAX & Power BI Trainer

Here i'm attaching my sample file url.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kYiOk_9HMAiXA6tEpFFjxY1AvquL6G22 

Considering 3 columns: Max Value, In(Mbps)  &Out(Mbps) 

Max value is derived in power bi desktop using Max Value = MAX([In(Mbps)],[Out(Mbps)]) formula.

Now if you check last 2 rows the value is incorrect in MAX VALUE Column but for the above rows it is correctly calculated. Let me know if i need to change the formula. I tried reverse formula also Max Value = MAX([Out(Mbps)],[In(Mbps)]) but didn't work.

And if you see MAX(Mbps) column it has the correct value which i've calculated using python.  

Hi @Foram ,

Please share a pbxi file for test, I create some test data but I can't reproduce your scenario. In addition, what version of power bi desktop are you test? Can you please share some more detail information?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply.

My current version is  2.75.5649.861 64-bit (November, 2019)

This issue is produced when i export the underlying data from power bi service.

So in this case can you help me how to share it with you.

HI @Foram ,

Unfortunately, I still can't reproduce this. Where are you power bi data host? I think it may be related to your service data, maybe you can open a support ticket for further support.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors