Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AstridM
Frequent Visitor

Not all gateway instances within this cluster are connected.

Hi,

I have three servers. - DEV, TEST & PROD

We had installed a gateway on DEV and I wanted to make it a cluster of gateways.

I have installed the gateway also on TEST & PROD - I follow the steps from the site.

But when I got into gateways on power bi I get the following errors.

"Not all gateway instances within this cluster are connected. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance"

The gateway is either offline or could not be reached.

and there is another error

There is a newer gateway version available. Please upgrade to benefit from the latest features.

There was a gateway on the PROD server, but I have unintalled it and installed it again, with other name.

I am not sure what to chec and what to do, and it is also not seeing the gateway from the TEST server.

Thanks

Astrid

2 REPLIES 2
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AstridM ,

You can only run one gateway at the same time in a computer, did you install the latest gateway and add all the server info under data source? then open the gateway to make sure it's online.

Please also share us the Activity ID and Request ID if the error still exit.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I have three different server
I am not sure what you mean by "did you install the latest gateway and add all the server info under data source? then open the gateway to make sure it's online."
Am I supposed to see only one gatway on the power bi page? or all three?
also, do you know how to delete a gateway, but not from the power bi page?

thanks
astrid

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors