Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danidelllo
Employee
Employee

Not able to set Report as a Landing Page

Hello! We had a report serve as Landing Page for several years now. Few days ago, Landing Page disappeared and we started seeing only report list, which makes us think the issue is not on our side. Other reports also don't work if set as LP, only dashboards.

Please advise, how do we get a usual report to serve as LP. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@danidelllo,

You would be referring to the Old navigation builder then. If you switch off the below button, you can set the landing page to a Dashboard or Report. However, I'm not sure how long this old builder will be around for.

image.png

However, putting your report in the new navigation builder as the first item, will open it as the default report for the users, so that could be a workaround?

Have a look at the announcement blog post: Designing custom navigation for Power BI apps is now available, or the documentation on Apps.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Doodle
Advocate II
Advocate II

@danidelllo   Is this really resolved? We are having the same issue.

We have setup our App using the with the "New navigation builder" turned off. We select the report that we want as the landing page in the drop down. However, when we update the app, App users land on the list of reports and datasets, rather than the report we selected as the intended landing page.

Tried to update several times, still same issue when access the app in web browser.

Mobile access does land correctly on the report landing page.  

Any ideas?

@Doodle as mentioned in the accepted answer, the solution is to start using the new navigation builder. It seems that if you play with settings, you can tune this builder to be very close to old behavior, or perhaps discover new interesting ways to expose your reports. 

Hope that helps!

What if we have many reports designed to be displayed on a full screen not smushed by that ugly navigation bar on the left?  Can we both have a Report App Landing Page and no ugly navigation bar on the left?

Completely agree with this.

We just want the landing page on the selected report to work as before. The functionality seems like it is still there (i.e. can uncheck use "new navi builder") but it just doesnt work as it used to...it should open the app at the landing page report...not the list of reports and datasets.

Forcing the use of new navigation builder is not a solution. 

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @danidelllo,

what exactly do you mean with a Landing Page? Is it in a workspace, or in a published App? Or in SharePoint for example?
And what is the experience meant to do for the users?

Thanks for your reply, @nickyvv 

Landing Page is a feature for PowerBI published app, it is configured in the workspace:

Workspace -> Update app -> Navigation

There is currently an option to enable some new navigation options, but otherwise the old option allows to select a specific Report / Dashboard to be displayed when users click on an app. However, from around a week or two ago, this has stopped working and only Dashboards appear as Landing Pages. Reports are ignored and user is taken directly to report list. 

@danidelllo,

You would be referring to the Old navigation builder then. If you switch off the below button, you can set the landing page to a Dashboard or Report. However, I'm not sure how long this old builder will be around for.

image.png

However, putting your report in the new navigation builder as the first item, will open it as the default report for the users, so that could be a workaround?

Have a look at the announcement blog post: Designing custom navigation for Power BI apps is now available, or the documentation on Apps.

@nickyvv Thanks! It seems that this is suitable. Will explore it further to tune it better for our needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors