Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

itskool
Helper II
Helper II

Not able to load usage metrics for report in a workspace

Hi everyone,

I am receiving this error when trying to load usage metrics for all reports in a specific workspace. I am the admin of this workspace.

It works fine for the reports in all other workspaces. A colleague with the same permission is able to generate the usage metrics.

We're having trouble loading usage metrics right now. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details

Activity ID: b313b50a-5292-4d9a-bfa8-e176857b7755
Request ID: b96503b7-41a0-960f-e343-eb9a94911eee
Correlation ID: 5e50dd08-7667-7fbc-2637-d539487c7e10
Time: Thu Apr 21 2022 09:24:02 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)
Service version: 13.0.18082.40
Client version: 2204.2.10821-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-east2-c-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @itskool ,

I can't reproduce the issue. I suggest you raise the ticket here.

Support | Microsoft Power BI

If you have never used it before you can refer to this blog for the steps.

How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_Gao

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @itskool ,

Please check if condition 1 and condition 3 are met.

1. You need a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license to run and access the usage metrics data. However, the usage metrics feature captures usage information from all users, regardless of the license they're assigned.
2. To access usage metrics for a particular dashboard or report, you must have edit access to that dashboard or report.
3. Your Power BI admin has to have enabled usage metrics for content creators. You Power BI admin may have also enabled collecting per-user data in usage metrics. Read about how to enable these options in the admin portal.

If all is satisfied, please let me know more details and I will test on my computer if I can reproduce the problem, thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Both conditions are met.

I have a Pro license.

Usage metrics are apparently enable, since I am able to run them in all worspaces, except for this one.

Not sure what other details would be useful: I am an admin of this workspace and a creator of the report I am trying to get usage metrics for. A colleague who's also an admin of this workspace is able to get the usage metrics.

Hi @itskool ,

I can't reproduce the issue. I suggest you raise the ticket here.

Support | Microsoft Power BI

If you have never used it before you can refer to this blog for the steps.

How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Hello Itskool,

Do you have a phone number to contact Microsoft support?

No, I submitted the ticket via the provided above.

As per your suggestion, I contacted Microsoft support: they suggested I have someone remove me as admin and add me back, and it actually worked, now I am able to get the usage metrics.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors